According to the American Kennel Club, here are 10 of the best family friendly dogs to consider. Always take into consideration the size of the dog, the yard space of your home, inside or outside animal, how much attention and exercise they will they require, the age of children interacting with the animal.
1. Irish Setter. These dogs are high energy and require a lot of energy. They are outgoing and family friendly.
2. Labrador Retriever. Originally used for hunting, these dogs make excellent family pets. And they are superb guide-dogs, law enforcement and search-and-rescue animals.
3. Beagle. Happy-go-lucky breed that likes company of other dogs and humans. They have friendly personalities and follow their noses (sometimes into mischief).
4. Boxer. Although they are instinctive guardians, Boxers love to be with people. They are patient, spirited and protective with children.
5. Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Originally from England, these dogs are affectionately known as “The Nanny Dog.” They have a well known tolerance of and affection for children. They are courageous, obedient, highly intelligent and affectionate. They are also great show dogs.
6. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. An aristocratic appearing dog, they are great companions. They have a sweet, gentle nature and make a trustworthy family pet.
7. Poodle. And they come in a variety of sizes! Standard, toy, miniature - the right size for your environment. They are smart and friendly.
8. Boston Terrier. Nicknamed “the American Gentleman” because of its tuxedo-like coloring, gentle disposition, intelligence and a great companion. Easily trained.
9. Pembroke Welsh Corgi. These little darlings are bold, friendly, and easy to train. They love their families, and are great dog sport competitors.
10. Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen. This dog is a French native, and loves to work. They are very active, extroverted, confident and happy.
No matter the breed, invest the time (and money) in good training. Because a dog is only as good as it’s human.
Thank you for visiting our blog and reading our latest tips on being a better Roseville Home Insurance or Rocklin Home Insurance consumer!