The Truth about Flood Insurance (Reposted from an Earlier Article)
Flood Insurance Awareness is critical. Now is the perfect time to get the facts about flood insurance, including who is at risk.
Who is at risk?
Everyone is at risk of flooding. That’s because flood damage can occur under many conditions in addition to rainfall, such as snow melt and new excavation. Even if your property is in the desert, you are at risk of flooding.
You probably think that your Rocklin Home Insurance or Commercial Property insurance will cover your loss. This is not often true. Most basic commercial and homeowners policies do not protect you against flood damage. However, you can protect your home and property by purchasing a flood insurance policy from The Hartford through your local flood insurance agent or directly through The Hartford’s flood call center.
Does my property have to reside in a high-risk flood zone?
Your address or mortgage status does not prevent you from obtaining a flood policy. As long as your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), and most communities do, homeowners, business owners and renters can get flood insurance.
The NFIP and The Hartford urge consumers to remember these flood insurance basics:
· You CAN get flood insurance nationwide.
· You CAN get flood insurance if you live in a floodplain or high -risk flood zone.
· You CAN get flood insurance if you live outside a floodplain or a low-to-moderate flood-risk area at a lower cost.
· You CAN get flood insurance if your property has been flooded before.
· You CAN get flood insurance from insurance agents in your area.
· You CAN get flood insurance even if your mortgage broker doesn't require it.
Armed with the proper information about your flood risk and protection options, you can make more informed decisions to protect your hard-earned financial investments.
Remember, Rocklin Home Insurance does not cover flood - but for $412 in most areas around here, you can get coverage