Every thirty seconds, a vehicle is stolen in the United States. That means over 1 million vehicle owners each year find themselves victims of auto theft. In the event your car is stolen, contact the police with the following information immediately: make, model, year, color, license plate number, VIN, approximate time of theft, location, and witnesses, if any. You should know this information, or have it available at all times. Then, contact your insurance company. Preventative measures, however, could prevent this tragedy from ever happening.
Some tips to consider:
· Install an anti-theft device.
· Never leave the keys in the vehicle, or the vehicle running, while unattended.
· Keep doors locked at all times, and windows up.
· Never store valuables or packages in plain sight.
· Have your VIN etched into windows and other parts of your car, making resell on the black market more difficult.
· When parking on the street, turn your wheels, use your emergency brake, and park between other cars (making it harder for a thief to tow).
· Avoid parking in long-term lots if at all possible.
· Park in a safe, well-lit, or well-traveled area at night.
All of the above can lead to substantial discounts on Roseville Auto Insurance or your Rocklin Auto Insurance.