Some people believe that auto insurance is just a commodity - it isn’t. Despite the Billions spent on advertising - Auto Insurance is probably the most misunderstood, yet simple insurance policy out there.
All too often, drivers discover the importance of having adequate limits in place after they have an accident. We are all want to save money where we can, but trying to cut corners on your insurance coverage may cost you much more in the long run if you have an accident and worse, get sued by the other party involved.
Thankfully, there are still some good ways to keep costs down; many factors such as your driving record, type of vehicle and vehicle use may provide discounts. Most auto insurance carriers also offer many other discounts. Depending on the carrier, this could include a discount for owning a home or a discount for payment in full. As your broker, we will seek out these discounts because it is our job to make sure you have the best possible insurance coverage at the lowest premium available.
Another way for us to ensure that you have the best protection at the lowest premium available is to examine your necessary coverage levels. There are several different levels of coverage that make up an auto policy:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Provides coverage to an accident victim in the event of a law suit and is required by the State of California
- Property Damage Liability: This covers the cost of any damage that your vehicle causes to another person’s property. While this usually refers to the other vehicle involved in an accident, it can also include houses, garages, and anything else that counts as property.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist: This pays for the damages that result from an accident caused by an uninsured motorist. This also pays for damages which cost more than an underinsured motorist’s coverage can pay for.
- Personal Injury Protection: This offers medical coverage for the policyholder and his or her family in the event of a collision, regardless of fault. It will also provide coverage for pedestrians who are hit by a vehicle. Many options are available to provide funeral expenses and other important coverage's needed when you are hurt and cannot work.
- Collision: Covers damage done to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from something other than a collision. Examples for this would be hitting a deer, broken windshields, theft or flood.
- Other Miscellaneous Coverage: This varies depending on the insurance provider.
As independent brokers we can provide you with literally hundreds of combinations of coverage from several different insurance carriers. We are not limited to just one insurance company so, please, contact us today! As your insurance broker, we will provide you with a free, written analysis of the best coverage at the lowest possible premium.