Affordable Care Act Experts
Health insurance may be the most important type of insurance you can carry. That’s because it affects more areas than just your health … it can also affect your financial bottom line.
Unexpected medical bills can devastate your finances. Health insurance doesn’t just help you pay for care, it can protect you and your family financially in the event of unexpected—or potentially expensive illnesses and injuries.
Unpredictable costs can rob your peace of mind. You don’t want to be in the position of adding “money stress” to an already stressful medical situation. Since care costs are so unpredictable, proper coverage can give you definite peace of mind in knowing you are protected from most of these costs.
Uncovered illness can eliminate your options. Proper coverage means you have options. When you don’t have insurance, you’re at the mercy of the healthcare system, which often means no care at all.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. This law was designed to bring comprehensive health insurance reforms, hold insurance carriers accountable for costs, as well as give more consumers access to health care.
Each year, there is a period of time called “open enrollment”, which runs from November through January. During this time you can shop and apply for a new health insurance plan if you find your current plan unsuitable. Once open enrollment period ends, you cannot buy or change a plan unless you have a qualifying life event (such as losing your current coverage, getting married or having a baby).
Consumers are also offered tax credits if their household income falls below established thresholds. The law also requires penalties, based on income or number of dependants, for consumers who choose not to participate in a health care plan.
Until recently, most people got their health insurance from their employer, and those with lower incomes received coverage from the government. But more and more people are buying private health insurance plans tailor-made for individuals and families.
If you find yourself in this position, without a clear understanding of what you should do or even look for, you may want to investigate getting an individual health insurance plan from Park Family Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. now.
Why choose Park Family Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. ?
Because we are an independent agency offering real time health insurance quotes and online applications from multiple health insurance companies, we believe in total transparency. Compare options and then apply online from the convenience of your own home or office.
We can help you simplify what seems complex, and help you choose from quality, competitive health care plans, including:
- HMO plans: An HMO, Health Maintenance Organization, is a specific type of health care plan that sets out guidelines under which doctors can operate. On average, health care coverage through the use of an HMO costs less than comparable insurance packages.
- Major Medical: Provides benefits for most types of medical expenses that may be incurred. Offering more complete coverage with fewer gaps, major medical insurance covers a much broader range of medical expenses—including those incurred both in and out of the hospital—with generally higher individual benefits and policy maximum limits.
- Surgical policies: Most health insurance plans sold today are major medical plans but there are a few hospital and surgical health insurance plans on the market. Surgical health plans often aren’t as comprehensive as major medical plans, but are typically less expensive.
- Dread Disease Policies: Often called “cancer policies,” dread disease policies cover one or more dread disease: cancer, heart disease, or other major malady.
- Hospital indemnity: A hospital indemnity plan provides a daily benefit for each day you are hospitalized — and this is paid without regard to the hospital expenses incurred. This daily amount is paid to you and the benefit is triggered simply by confinement as an inpatient.
The Park Family Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for …
… While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you. So if you’re at all concerned for your financial well being, you should investigate what you are offered carefully, and consider a relationship with a reliable guide.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all health insurance policy.
We’re your neighbors. We protect people we know and care about in, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Click on the quote request button now and let the professionals at Park Family Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.